Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna, two of India’s most immense tennis talents, lost Friday’s Australian Open mixed-doubles final (January 27). Brazil’s Luisa Stefani and Rafael Matos beat Bopanna and Sania in two sets, 6-7, 2-6. Since it was Sania’s final Grand Slam match, the one at Rod Laver Arena had special significance.
Izhaan, Sania’s son, and other family members were in attendance at Melbourne Park to see the Indian star make his farewell Grand Slam performance. Bopanna’s family, including his wife and two young children, was also there to see the game.
The ‘discovery’ of Supriya Annaiah’s attractiveness has garnered much acclaim. Some folks may feel it’s already too late. She was spotted wearing a saree in “traditional Kodava style” during the Arjun Award felicitation function, which has been tagged.
Who is Rohan Bopanna’s wife Supriya Annaiah?
On November 25, 2012, in Coorg, Karnataka, Rohan Bopanna wed Supriya Annaiah. Dating between Bopanna and Supriya began in 2010. They had a kid called Tridha Bopanna, and they couldn’t be happier. As a psychologist, Supriya has a unique perspective. Supriya Annaiah, 34 years old, is the director of the Rohan Bopanna Tennis Development Foundation, which the Ministry of Corporate Affairs recognizes.
When Rohan returned to Bangalore in early 2011 from the competition, he met up with his cousin at a local eatery. As they chatted, Rohan saw that his cousin had gotten up to welcome a young woman seated a few tables away in the same restaurant. After his cousin returned, Rohan requested him to introduce him to the girl, and that’s how he met Supriya Annaiah, a psychologist who was 24 at the time.
In a small, intimate ceremony in April 2012, Rohan proposed to Supriya, and on November 25, 2012, they were married in the traditional Coorg (Kodagu) way.
Supriya Annaiah Bio, Carrer
The wedding took place on November 25, 2012, in Coorg, Karnataka, and the bride was named Supriya Annaiah. It has been reported that Bopanna and Supriya have been dating since 2010. Tridha Bopanna is the happy name of the couple’s kid. Supriya practices the mental health science of psychology. Rohan Bopanna Tennis Development Foundation, under Supriya Annaiah’s direction, is a nonprofit organization recognized by India’s Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA).
The pair secretly exchanged their vows in 2012. Additionally, they had been dating for a long time before it. Bopanna has always had a deep love for the sport of tennis from his birth in Coorg, Karnataka. Supriya was a friend of Rohan’s cousin. And that was how they initially connected at a restaurant. Upon Rohan’s insistence, his cousin introduced them to one another. They went on a few dates, fell in love, and ultimately decided to tie the knot. He even determined Supriya’s ring size during his meticulous preparations so he could propose to her.
Tridha Bopanna is their new daughter. Supriya is a licensed psychologist and the Rohan Bopanna Tennis Development Foundation registrar with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA). Furthermore, she oversees her husband’s gaming strategy.
Supriya Annaiah: Some Uncommon Facts
- Supriya Annaiah, Ph.D., is a psychologist by profession and the wife of Indian tennis star Rohan Bopanna.
- She dated Rohan Bopanna for over two years before they were married.
- In an interview, she said she and Rohan met in a restaurant in 2010 through a mutual relative. She went on to describe how he asked her to marry him. Rohan reportedly surprised her by taking her to a honeymoon hotel he had rented for one of his friends. She recounted that as he opened the balcony door, “there were rose petals everywhere, candles, a cake that said “Please marry me,” a champagne bottle, and a camera rolling to catch every moment.”
- Supriya Annaiah’s “Supriya.perspective” Instagram feed features original poetry and inspirational words about mental health.
- She also runs the Rohan Bopanna Tennis Development Foundation, an organization recognized by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. She holds the title of director and her professional role as a psychologist (MCA).
- Her husband’s matches are where she is most frequently sighted. Her husband was playing in the 2023 Australian Open, and a picture of her during the match went viral, catapulting her into the spotlight. One of Rohan Bopanna’s followers said she was the “most gorgeous woman she has ever seen” online, and Bopanna said, “I agree.”