Nobel Prize Winners List 2021: Nobel Prizes are usually awarded in the fields of physics, chemistry, physiology/medicine, peace, literature, and economics. The Nobel Prize was instituted in 1895 in memory of Sir Alfred Nobel. The award is given to people in the research field. Now here we are sharing some interesting facts on the Nobel Prize and providing the Latest Nobel Prize winners List of the Year 2021 that has been announced recently.
Nobel Prize 2021 Winners List
The Royal Swedish Academy awards the Nobel Prize in the above-mentioned field. A total of 186 Nobel Prizes have been distributed 112 times since inception. Now the organization has been awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2021 to Benjamin List and David W.C. Macmillan has been honored in the research area of the development of asymmetric organocatalytic. Benjamin is from Germany and was born in 1968. The other WC Macmillan is from Scottish.
According to records, from 1901 to 2020, the Nobel Prize has been awarded 112 times. Frederick Sanger is the only person to have won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry twice, in 1958 and 1980. According to the records of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry, about 185 people have won the Nobel Prize. As we approach the year 2021, Emmanuel Charpentier and Jennifer A. Duodena have received the 2021 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for the development of a method for genome editing. Read the complete article given below to check Nobel Prize Winners List 2021 for all streams.
Nobel Prize Winners 2021
Nobel Prize 2021 in Physics:
For this year (2021), the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has decided to award the Nobel Prize in Physics to Ukuro Manebe, Klaus Hassel Mann, and Giorgio Paris “for their unprecedented contributions to our understanding of complex physical systems”. Syukuro Manabe and Klaus Hassel Mann have been jointly awarded half of the 2021 Nobel Prize in Physics “for physical modeling of Earth’s climate, quantifying variability, and reliably predicting global warming”. Giorgio Parisi has been awarded half of the 2021 Nobel Prize in Physics “for his discovery of the interaction of disorder and fluctuations in physical systems from atomic to planetary scales.” That is the one name in our Nobel Prize Winners List 2021.
Nobel Prize 2021 in Chemistry:
The 2021 Nobel Prize in Chemistry will be awarded to Benjamin List and David W.C. Macmillan “For the development of asymmetric Organocatalytic.” Benjamin List was born in 1968 in Frankfurt, Germany. David William Cross Macmillan FRS FRSE is a Scottish-born chemist.
Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine:
The 2021 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine has been awarded jointly to David Julius and Ardem Patpoutian “for their discoveries of receptors for temperature and touch”. Their discoveries have unlocked one of nature’s mysteries by explaining the molecular basis for sensing heat, cold, and mechanical force, for our ability to feel, interpret and interact with our internal and external environments. is original.
Nobel Prize in Peace 2021:
The Noble Prize 2021 for Peace has been awarded to Two Journalists Maria Ressa and Dmitry Muratov. The Journalists hail from Russia and the Philippines and Russia respectively. They have been awarded peace prizes mainly for their fight for freedom of Speech and Expression in very Adverse conditions.
Time Schedule for Nobel Prize 2021 Distribution
Physiology or Medicine – Monday 4 October, 11:30 CEST ASAP
Physics – Tuesday 5 October, 11:45 CEST at the earliest
Chemistry – Wednesday, October 6th, 11:45 CEST at the earliest
Literature – Thursday 7 October, 13:00 CEST ASAP
Peace – Friday 8 October, 11:00 CEST
Economic Sciences – Monday 11 October, 11:45 CEST EARLY
List of Nobel Prize 2021 Winners
|Research Field||Nobel Prize Winners List 2021|
|Physiology or Medicine||David Julius and Ardem Patapoutian|
|Physics||Syukuro Manabe, Klaus Hasselmann and Giorgio Parisi|
|Chemistry||Benjamin List and David W.C. MacMillan|
|Peace||Maria Ressa and Dmitry Muratov|
|Economic science||Updated soon|
Interesting Facts About Nobel Prize (1901 – 2021):
- A total of 597 Nobel Prizes have been given to 950 Nobel Laureates from 1901 to 2019.
- Malala Yousafzai is the youngest Nobel laureate to receive the Peace Prize in 2014 at the age of just 17.
- The average age of all Nobel laureates in all award categories between 1901 and 2017 is 60 years.
- Alfred Nobel left most of his assets, over SEK 31 million (about SEK 1,702 million today) to be converted into a fund and invested in “safe securities”.
- John B. Goodenough is the oldest recipient of this award in Chemistry 2019 at the age of 97.
- John Bardeen is the only Nobel laureate to have been awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics twice, in 1956 and 1972.
- The Nobel Prize money for 2018 is set at Swedish kronor (SEK) 9.0 million per full Nobel Prize.
- Marie Curie is the only woman to have been awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics twice, in 1903 and the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1911.
- Between 1901 and 2019, the Nobel Prize in Physics has been awarded 113 times to 213 Nobel laureates.
- The Nobel Prize in Chemistry has been awarded 111 times to 184 Nobel laureates between 1901 and 2019.
- Altogether only 54 women have been awarded the Nobel Prize between 1901 and 2019.
- The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine has been awarded 110 times to 219 Nobel laureates between 1901 and 2019.
- Frederick Sanger is the only Nobel laureate to have been awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry twice, in 1958 and 1980. This means that a total of 180 persons have received the Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
- Between 1901 and 2017 the Nobel Prize in Literature has been awarded 112 times to 116 Nobel Laureates.
- The Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences has been awarded 51 times between 1969 and 2019 to 84 laureates.
- The Peace Prize is the only award that is not presented in Stockholm. The award is presented annually in Oslo in the presence of the King of Norway on 10 December, the death anniversary of Alfred Nobel.
- The first Nobel Peace Prize was awarded in 1901 to Henri Dunant (Switzerland) and Frédéric Passy (France).
- It is known that till now 9 Indians/People of Indian Origin have received Nobel Prize and the first Indian to receive Nobel Prize was Rabindra Nath Tagore.
- Between 1901 and 2019, the Nobel Peace Prize has been awarded 100 times to 134 Nobel Laureates including 27 organisations and 107 individuals.