Bollywood insiders and industry analysts agree that the upcoming release of Brahmastra: Part One -Shiva, starring Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt, will break the industry’s current lull. The mega-budget film was helmed by Ayan Mukerji and produced by Karan Johar, starring Amitabh Bachchan, Nagarjuna, and Mouni Roy. SS Rajamouli, the film’s director, oversaw all of the visual and special effects, making Bahubali a groundbreaking picture. The movie, based on Indian folklore and history, will also be shown in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam.
Brahmastra Advance Booking Report
- As of Friday morning, Brahmastra’s final bookings for the weekend totaled 29.5 Crore gross (24.7 Crore net), and opening day grossed 14.5 Crore gross (12 Crore net).
- On Thursday morning, June 6, the box office earnings were 18 crore gross (15 crore net) for the weekend and nine crore gross (7.6 crore net) for the first day.
- By the morning of Wednesday, Day 5, Brahmastra had sold 150,000 tickets at the top three multiplexes (PVR, Inox, and Cinepolis). The paid preview and advance purchases of Brahmastra in the United States have raked in 250,000 USD or 2 Crores.
- On its opening day, Brahmastra grossed 3.5 crores (2.9 crore net) from the top three multiplexes (PVR, Inox, and Cinepolis), bringing in a total of 7.1 crores (6 crore net) from those theatres throughout the opening weekend. The combined ticket sales for the opening weekend at PVR, Inox, and Cinepolis were over 200 thousand.
- On Monday, the third day of its release, Brahmastra reported ticket sales of 160,000 for the weekend, totaling Rs 5.1 Crore, and 80,000 for the opening day, totaling Rs 4 Crore.
- With 65,000 tickets sold on an opening day and 120,000 tickets sold throughout the weekend, Brahmastra has earned a total of Rs 2.1 Crore.
- Only 48 hours after its release, Brahmastra has already grossed 1.8 crores in India’s top three multiplexes (PVR, Inox, and Cinepolis) on 54,000 opening-day ticket sales.
- Opening weekend in India saw 65,000 tickets sold over 24 hours, bringing in a total of 2.1 Crore net on Day 1. Sales on opening day totaled 1.2 crore net, with 35,000 of those being advance purchases.
Brahmastra’s Total Box Office Collection in India and Worldwide
According to a report on the business-tracking website Sacnilk, the movie has grossed Rs 12.60 crore in bookings as of Sunday (as of September 8 evening), with the 3D version grossing Rs 9.7 crore.
It should be mentioned that Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 is the only Bollywood film this year to have a Day 1 gross in the double digits. The film starring Kartik Aaryan has the highest opening day earnings of any Hindi movie in 2022, at Rs 14 crore. Sumit Kadel, an industry specialist in the film business, predicted that Brahmastra would be the first Hindi film since 2022 to debut in the double digits. Only pre-orders for Brahmastra would bring in over Rs 10 crore.
Already, the film has sold over 2 lakh advance tickets since its pre-sale began just a few days ago. According to an exclusive interview with News18 Shows, producer and film industry analyst Girish Johar predicted that Brahmastra might earn between Rs 23 and Rs 25 crore on its first day, which would be more than the Rs 14 crore that Kartik Aaryan’s Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 earned on its first day.
Top Advance Booking Collection:
- KGF 2 : 43.5 Crores
- RRR: 8.25 Crores
- Bhool Bhulaiya 2 : 6.9 Crores
- Laal Singh Chaddha: 4 Crores
- Jugg Jugg jeeyo : 3 Crores
- Shamshera : 2.7 Crores
- Raksha Bandhan: 2.3 Crores
- Samrat Prithviraj : 2 Crores
Brahmastra Movie Hit or Flop
Aryan Mukherjee helms Brahmastra, which is based on Astras, or weapons. Brahmastra will hit theatres on September 9, 2022. To help you decide whether or not to see a film, we’ve included a review and star rating. Brahmastra’s success will depend on how well it sells in advance.
From what I’ve heard from moviegoers, Brahmastra is a massive hit in the Bollywood business. Its first-day sales were a record breaker. Since it is also being released in numerous south Indian languages, it offers us authentic information that will resonate with a broad audience. We think everyone should see the film so they may understand the dedication of Ayan Mukerji.